The PNSO presents awards annually honoring different aspects of excellence in the nursing role. Award recipients are selected on the basis of peer reviewed nominations received by the PNSO Awards and Recognition Committee. Any Medical Center employee, PNSO Member, or UVA School of Nursing student may be the primary nominator for each of these awards.
The categories for the PNSO Nursing Excellence awards are listed below. Click here for a grid detailing the purpose and eligibility requirements for each award. You may also print and post a flyer (found here) to encourage nominations in your area.
- Beginning Practitioner of the Year | submit nomination
- Exemplary Clinical Practice | submit nomination
- Excellence in Relationship-Based Caring | submit nomination
- Excellence in Advanced Practice Nursing | submit nomination
- Excellence in Knowledge Development and Expansion | submit nomination
- Nurse of Distinction | submit nomination
- Preceptor of the Year | submit nomination
- Transformational Leader | submit nomination
Nurses Recognizing our Interprofessional Partnerships:
- Excellence in Interprofessional Collaboration | submit nomination
- Exemplary Resident/Fellow Physician | submit nomination
Nominations for Other Nursing Honors:
- The Eloise Dodge Gould Pediatric Nurse Education Award (Any UVA Children's Medical Center staff may nominate a UVA Children's Medical Center RN) - coming soon!
- The Thomas Buckley Memorial Endowment Fund for NICU Nursing Education
(application process open to UVA NICU nurses) - coming soon!