Say "Thank you!" a UVA team member for the care and compassion they provide each and every day in their patient care!
Who is Eligible for the DAISY and BEE Awards at UVA Health?
- Nominees must be employed directly by UVA Health, and
- a) DAISY nominees must hold an active registered nursing license, b) have passed the National Council Licensure Examination, *or* c) have completed the Board of Nursing specific licensure requirements to work as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Bee nominees are team members who support patient care — such as transporters, environmental services, health unit coordinators, nursing assistants, tech roles, etc.
- Nominations will only be considered if they include specific examples to describe the professional character and performance of that nurse. We want you to share your story!
- Any clinical acts mentioned in the nomination must be consistent with policies and procedures outlined by the UVA Health.
- The nominee must be in good-standing and have the support of their direct supervisor.
At UVA Health, DAISY and BEE recipients are nursing and support team members who have demonstrated at least one of these criteria:
- Go above and beyond their standard job requirements to ensure the comfort and happiness of their patients, patient-families or peers
- Have performed extraordinary acts of kindness or demonstrated extraordinary compassion
- Have made a significant, positive impact on a patient experience
- Whose performance is consistent, team-oriented and dependable
- Demonstrates extreme professionalism
- Are identified by patients and families as an extraordinary caregiver
- Whose clinical expertise has made a significant impact on a patient outcome
- Deliver quality, relationship-based nursing care that is consistent with our organizational goals and Professional Practice Model: Empowered Leaders, Expert Caring, Innovation, Lifelong learners and Quality achievement
Examples of the heartwarming nominations are available here.
If you have any questions about the DAISY or BEE Awards, or need assistance submitting a nomination, please email Ashley Noguera at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 434-243-3280.
Share Your Story!