they provide every day in their patient care!
Examples of the heartwarming nominations are available here.
Who is Eligible for the DAISY Award at UVA Health System:
- Nominees must hold an active registered nursing license and spend at least 90% of his or her work time in direct patient contact.
- The nominee’s manager/direct supervisor must support the nomination.
- Nominations will only be considered if they include specific examples to describe the professional character and performance of that nurse.
- Any clinical acts mentioned in the nomination must be consistent with policies and procedures outlined by the UVA Health System.
At UVA Health System, DAISY Honorees are licensed registered nurses who have demonstrated at least one of these criteria:
- Go above and beyond their standard job requirements to ensure the comfort and happiness of their patients, patient-families or peers
- Have performed extraordinary acts of kindness or demonstrated extraordinary compassion
- Have made a significant, positive impact on a patient experience
- Whose performance is consistent, team-oriented and dependable
- Demonstrates extreme professionalism
- Are identified by patients and families as an extraordinary caregiver
- Whose clinical expertise has made a significant impact on a patient outcome
- Deliver quality, relationship-based nursing care that is consistent with our organizational goals and Professional Practice Model: Empowered Leaders, Expert Caring, Innovation, Lifelong learners and Quality achievement
Looking to nominate a team of nurses instead of one individual? Please click here for our UVA DAISY Team Award nomination form.
If you have any questions about the DAISY Award or need assistance submitting a nomination, please email Ashley Noguera at email@example.com or call 434-243-3280.
Share Your Story!